2014. június 9., hétfő

Challenging Yourself As a SEO Freelance Writer

I love challenges. They make me feel alive. In my career, I have always been looking for new challenges. And that is the reason why I was never happy with my job. I used to live in a dorm between the age of 14 and 18. The school was ran by the nuns. There were two dorms: one with the "noisy" people and one with the "quiet ones". I kept on moving from one to the other. I wanted challenge, new inspirations.

When I had a J.O. B. - Before I became a Writer

I had this job in the bank. It was receiving calls from customers who wanted a loan. I had to sell the loan and upsell to hit my target. I loved it first. Then it went really quiet. I was offered a role to help out another department: complaints. I went. I needed new challenges. When this ended, I was happy to move back to my original role, until I found a new challenge. Activating dormant accounts. I did it for three months. Next, I wanted to try another department. I completed the training for record management in three months. It took others usually 18. I was still bored, so I moved back to my original role. And so on....

Self-Employment Challenges You

Becoming a self-employed writer, I had to face many challenges. The market was overcrowded. There were millions of Asian writers offering 1000 word articles for 3 dollars. I had to learn the skills. I had to adapt to clients' style. I had to understand the market. Being a freelance writer is still a challenge. But it is full of opportunities to learn new skills. That is worth more than a million dollar paycheck.

Today's Challenge

Those who know me might be aware that my immune system is almost dead. Literally. I have asthma, wheat intolerance, hayfever, Vitiligo, and so on... But I can live with it. As I cannot do much cardio with my asthma, I do yoga. Today, I came across Sadie Nardini's new "badass" yoga practice. I started it. I ran out of breath in the first 30 seconds. But I did not give up. I refused to take my inhaler,ass well. I drank some water and told myself: "come on, you lazy lungs, I can make you work". I completed the whole 15 minutes of training. And now I feel good. I am a bit sweaty, but feel accomplished. Ready for new writing challenges.


Today's takeaway: Growth is painful. If you challenge yourself, you grow. Yes, it will hurt, but you will develop skills that are making you stand out from the rest of the people in your industry. Be ready to learn and grow. 


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése